Thursday, January 27, 2011

This is Micah


My daughter and I decided to get a dog.  Okay, I decided and dragged my four year old into it.  I had in my head that I wanted a purbred lab.  I had labs all my life so was familiar with their temperment and trainability and just thought they were an overall nice dog.  Someone suggested I go to the SPCA and I kind of scoffed at the idea...no way would they have a purebred and what were the chances of getting a lab puppy?

In the end chance did not matter.  Love did.  My daughter and I walked into the SPCA and both fell in live with Mya immediately.  Since she was only three months old I decided we could change her name and she would be okay with it.  My daughter wanted to call her Micah and I liked that much better than the previously suggested Cinderella or Belle. 



In retrospect I am glad I got a pup but not a young one.  I am glad it looks like there is some lab in her but there is far more shepard.  I am glad we went to the SPCA and I am Glad to have this wonderful addition to our family.  She has been with us for almost a month now and she is a great addition to the family we have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment